Crisis or disaster guidelines
When a disaster or major medical emergency occurs, Baptist Health La Grange and the media will need to work closely together to quickly provide accurate information.
To accomplish this, Baptist Health La Grange has a disaster plan. Please follow these guidelines in the event of a disaster or mass casualty incident:
- The media will be taken to a designated area to receive news releases and updates. In most instances, the area will be the Conference Center (located in the Baptist Health Medical Plaza). Marketing & Public Relations, or other hospital representatives, will escort you to the designated area. During situations which might pose a danger to media personnel, a designated area may be set up off campus where information can be relayed safely.
- Media crews may be given access to other areas of campus, depending on the circumstances, but only with a Marketing & Public Relations escort.
- Cell telephones can be used only in the designated media area. Cell phone use is not allowed within the hospital. Telephone availability may be limited.
- An escort from Marketing & Public Relations will be required for media to conduct all on-site interviews.
- As a security precaution, media will be asked to show press credentials and/or may be issued temporary press badges by Baptist Health La Grange.