Why choose Baptist Health La Grange
Baptist Health La Grange is part of the largest and most trusted hospital system in Kentucky, Baptist Health, which includes Baptist Health Louisville in Louisville, Baptist Health Lexington, Baptist Health Paducah and Baptist Health Corbin. Baptist Health also manages Hardin Memorial Hospital in Elizabethtown.
In the last year, many patients chose Baptist Health for their care:
- One in five adult open heart surgery procedures was performed at a Baptist Health-owned or managed hospital.
- One out of every seven inpatients receiving care in Kentucky received care at a Baptist Health-owned or managed hospital.
- One in 10 Emergency Department patients in Kentucky was treated at a Baptist Health-owned or managed hospital.
- One in 11 outpatients cared for in an acute-care setting was seen at a Baptist Health-owned or managed hospital.
Other reasons to choose Baptist Health La Grange include:
- Our convenient location right off I-71 can save precious minutes when they matter most. Heart attack patients can be stabilized in our 24-hour Emergency Department and those patients needing open-heart surgery, heart catheterization or other procedures can be transferred to nearby Baptist Health Louisville.
- Our Emergency Department’s average time for administering clot-busting drugs to heart attack patients is 30 minutes - meeting the American College of Cardiology standard.
- Ninety-three percent of our Emergency Department patients would recommend us to their family and friends. The following aspects of our Emergency Department consistently rank at 90 percent and above on patient satisfaction surveys as "very good" or "excellent: wait time, courtesy and helpfulness, treatment with dignity and respect, and staff skill, experience and competency, 92 percent.
- Many of the physicians on the medical staff at Baptist Health La Grange are the same ones who serve the Louisville hospitals.
- Our low nurse-to-patient ratio, high quality care and commitment to excellent service help us consistently rank at the top of patient satisfaction scores among Baptist Health hospitals and when compared to other hospitals in Kentucky.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiolite stress tests
- Persantine stress tests
- Exercise stress tests
- Doppler colorflow echocardiograms
- 24-hour Holter monitor tests
- Pacemaker insertions
- Telemetry monitoring
- Medical/Surgical Unit
- Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit
- Transitional Care Unit
- Emergency Department
Patients may also access the cardiovascular services at Baptist Health Louisville and return to the comfort of their community for cardiac rehabilitation at Baptist Health La Grange.