Baptist Health La Grange's Short-Term Rehabilitation program is designed to promote independence and a quick return home after rehabilitation from a broad range of surgical procedures, stroke, amputation, injuries and illness. You will receive individual attention from our friendly staff. Our goal is to help you return to your highest level of activity with dignity.
In the Short-Term Rehab program at Baptist Health La Grange:
- Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Individualized treatment plans are created with an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, respiratory therapy, nutrition management, nursing, a chaplain and your family.
- Full-time physical, occupational and speech therapists help with optimal recovery.
- We have a fully-equipped kitchen and each resident room features a private bathroom with adaptive equipment to help you practice the skills you need in daily life.
- If there is a special hobby you enjoy, or a task you need to perform to return to work, we will help you prepare to return to that activity.
Medical services available include:
- IV therapy; recovery from total joint replacement, head and neck surgery; wound care; pain management; nutritional management; pulmonary management; oncology management; and more.
- Our physical therapists teach you and your family the skills for returning home, identify safety issues in the home and create a custom exercise program to help you reach your optimal activity level
- You may need help returning to the activities of daily living. Occupational therapists will create an individualized plan to work on activities such as cooking, dining, bathing, dressing and grooming, as well as the adaptive equipment that will help make
those tasks easier.
- When needed, speech therapists work with residents to improve swallowing, chewing, verbal expression, memory, organization of thoughts, sequencing, auditory comprehension, problem solving, graphic skills, visual perception and comprehension, as well as
alternate communication methods.
- Access to hospital departments and specialists on the Baptist Northeast medical staff, including: diagnostic imaging, emergency, orthopedics, podiatry, dentistry and otolaryngology.
As a resident of the Short-Term Rehab unit, you may take advantage of:
- Private rooms
- Recreation activities that provide daily social, creative and intellectual stimulation
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Evening snacks
- An outdoor courtyard
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Daily admissions
- Telephone and cable television
- Family teaching and counseling
For more information
For more information about Short-Term Rehab at Baptist Health La Grange, or to arrange a tour, call 502-222-3376. We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurance plans.
Find out more about Orthopedic Services at Baptist Health La Grange.