With Baptist Health La Grange’s Baby Steps you can find answers to all your baby-related questions: Find all the information you need or pre-register online for your stay.
Diagnostic Imaging Services at Baptist Health La Grange
For an inside view, look to Baptist Health La Grange
- High-field MRI -- Produces far more detailed images in less time than low-field open MRI. The machine's open design is easily tolerated by most patients
- Multi-slice CT scans
- DEXA bone density testing (considered the gold standard for detection of osteoporosis)
- Mammography, diagnostic ultrasound, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, X-ray and cardiac sonography
Experience and accreditation
- Accredited by both the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- A group of board-certified and sub-specialty fellowship-trained radiologists* who interpret the images
Convenient scheduling and fast results
- Diagnostic tests available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so emergencies don't have to wait
- Appointments available the same or next day
- Same-day report results available
- Daytime and evening appointments available for all modalities except nuclear medicine.
- X-rays, CT scans, digital mammography and bone density testing also available at Baptist Crestwood outpatient facility for your convenience
For more information
For more information about Diagnostic Imaging Services at Baptist Health La Grange, call (502) 222-3620. To schedule an appointment, call One Call at (502) 222-3939.
For more information about diagnostic imaging or other health-related topics, visit our Health encyclopedia.
Emergencies deserve immediate attention. That's why it's comforting to know that Baptist Health La Grange Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We offer the help you need when you need it most. And we're close to you.
Modern, private emergency facilities
Baptist Health La Grange offers modern Emergency Department facilities on the first floor of our Emergency and Outpatient Center. Facilities include:
- A trauma area;
- 10 private treatment rooms;
- A pediatric treatment room specially equipped for children;
- An OB/GYN treatment room equipped for female patients with obstetrical or gynecological problems;
- An isolation room with negative pressure for patients who need to be placed in isolation;
- A chest pain room with cardiac monitors for observing patients with unexplained chest pain to determine whether admission is needed; and
- Close proximity to both Diagnostic Imaging Services and clinical Laboratory services, assuring fast turnaround time for X-ray and lab test results.
Families will appreciate our spacious, glass-walled waiting area, which provides a soothing view of the hospital's lovely, pastoral setting. Telephones and restrooms are conveniently located nearby.
Nurse triage so emergencies are handled quickly
Patients who enter Baptist Health La Grange's Emergency Department during our busiest hours are immediately seen by a triage nurse. This allows our staff to determine what level of care is needed for the illness or injury. Triage nurses are specially trained to separate minor needs from major emergencies. Patients who are critically ill receive immediate attention.
Experienced physicians and nurses
Our Emergency Department is staffed with physicians experienced in emergency medicine and nurses who are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support. The staff is trained to provide a full range of medical care for patients of all ages with all types of medical problems, from minor illnesses and injuries to life-threatening emergencies. Physician specialists in family practice, internal medicine/pediatrics, surgery, orthopedics, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, plastic surgery and ophthalmology provide on-call coverage 24 hours a day as needed. (Physicians on staff at Baptist Northeast are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of the hospital.)
Located just off the I-71 La Grange exit (Exit 22), Baptist Health La Grange is the closest hospital to residents of Oldham, Henry and Trimble counties. Critically injured patients who require Level I trauma care can be stabilized at Baptist Health La Grange and quickly transported by helicopter to trauma center facilities in Louisville.
Baptist Urgent Care for minor illness and injuries
Baptist Urgent Care provides a convenient, dependable alternative for treating minor illnesses and injuries at 12010 Shelbyville Road (corner of Shelbyville and Evergreen roads in Middletown). The clinic is staffed by board-certified physicians and support staff to serve patients. Another Baptist Urgent Care location will open at Baptist Eastpoint in January 2009.
No appointment is necessary and Baptist Urgent Care accepts most major insurance plans.
Baptist Urgent Care is not a substitute for emergency care. For very serious or life-threatening problems, use a hospital-based emergency department.
For more information
When someone you love needs emergency care, it's no time for a 30-minute trip or a two-hour wait once you arrive. Baptist Health La Grange's Emergency Department is right here, right now. For more information, call (502) 222-3347.
For more information about health topics, visit our Health Encyclopedia.
Heart Care Center
Do you know the signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are you at risk? You're in the right place to learn more. Click on one of the links below.
Baptist Health La Grange's Outpatient Center provides "one stop" care for all your outpatient medical needs. Services provided in the center include:
- Ambulatory Care Center offering pre-surgical testing and our pre-surgery education program, lab tests and a wide range of other services in a single, convenient location;
- Emergency Department;
- Outpatient Surgery; and
- Rehabilitation Services including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech/language pathology or therapy, and sports medicine.
- Diagnostic Imaging Services including MRI, multi-slice CT scans, DEXA bone density testing, digital mammography, X-rays and nuclear medicine. Our highly trained technicians use advanced equipment to get the most accurate images possible.
For more information
For more information about Baptist Health La Grange's Outpatient Center, call:
- Ambulatory Care Center at (502) 222-3381
- Emergency Department at (502) 222-3347
- Outpatient Surgery at (502) 222-3381
- Rehabilitation Services at (502) 222-3303
- Diagnostic Imaging at (502) 222-3620
For more information about health topics, visit our Health Encyclopedia.
Rehabilitation Services & Sports Medicine
Baptist Health La Grange offers a full range of occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech pathology, industrial rehabilitation and sports medicine services.
We provide specialized services in the hospital and the community for many types of injuries and disabilities, including sports injuries. Services are also available for infants and children with developmental delays.
What is rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation services are provided to anyone needing occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech/language therapy.
These services are designed to help individuals of all ages recover from a variety of illnesses and injuries, and return to their prior level of independence. Rehabilitation services also assist those with physical impairments and/or deficits in memory, thinking or learning skills that have occurred at birth or during early childhood.
A team approach is used in order to provide the best possible treatment:
- Occupational therapy helps you increase your independence with life tasks through practical activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, home management, money management and working safely at your job or within your home. To increase your independence, you may need to make changes within your environment, use adaptive equipment, wear a custom-fabricated hand splint or participate in activities to increase your self-concept or problem-solving skills.
- Physical therapy helps you improve strength, coordination and balance, and reach your specific goals, such as independent movement, wheelchair mobility or walking. Outpatient therapy is offered at the hospital and at Baptist Health Crestwood.
- Speech-language pathology helps with communication and swallowing problems, and works to improve listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. Increasing cognitive skills to improve reasoning and judgment is another goal.
- Sports medicine involves treatment and prevention of sports injuries. Therapists work closely with board certified orthopaedic specialists in the area to provide excellent treatment for sports injuries. Inpatient and outpatient services are provided at the hospital, and outpatient services are offered at Baptist Crestwood. Baptist Health La Grange is also the exclusive sports medicine provider for the varsity sports teams at Oldham, South Oldham, North Oldham, Trimble County, Henry County and Eminence Independent high schools. Baptist Health Sports Medicine is now open at Baptist Eastpoint near Anchorage. Find out more about the most comprehensive sports medicine facility in the area, staffed with 11 sports medicine-trained physicians and all sports medicine-trained physical therapists and athletic trainers.
- Pediatric rehabilitation to provide therapeutic services to children, from newborn to age 3, with motor, cognitive, speech, language and other developmental delays.
Pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapy
Baptist Health La Grange Rehabilitation Services Department has served children from birth to adolescence since 1992. Baptist Health La Grange typically serves children with developmental delays in the areas of fine motor, gross motor, social/emotional, perception, cognition and speech/language. These delays are the result of a variety of disorders including autism, cerebral palsy, hearing disorders, spinal cord injuries, mental retardation, sensory disorders, syndromes, organic etiologies and injuries. The programs at our hospital focus on treatment of the child, as well as education and instruction of the caregivers. We provide treatment in conjunction with other disciplines to best suit the child's needs. This includes both professionals within our hospital and at other agencies. We also work closely with your physician to develop and implement a program tailored to attain your goals. Our therapists have a genuine interest in children and maintain current competencies with treatment approaches.
Scheduling an appointment
If you are concerned with any aspect of your child's development, you may contact your primary care physician or Baptist Health La Grange Rehabilitation Services Department at 502-222-3303. Physician referral is required for evaluation of your child. Once you obtain physician referral, call the number above for an appointment with an occupational, physical and/or speech therapist. We accept most insurance (you must check your particular policy for coverage), as well as Medicaid, Passport and KCHIP. Our staff will assist in determining your payor source(s), and claims will be filed through our billing department.
Appointments are typically available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Our staff tries to accommodate school and work schedules.
Total joint replacement program
The Total Joint Program includes a pre-operative educational day that will fully prepare you for your surgery, your hospital stay, and your individual post-operative recovery plan.
Baptist Health La Grange's Total Joint Program is designed to care for all of your pre-surgical needs during one visit. You will be educated about your surgical procedure and learn what to expect upon your arrival the day of surgery. Your surgeon will assign you a time to arrive for your pre-operative visit.
What will happen when you arrive at Baptist Health La Grange:
- You will be registered into our system. Please bring your insurance cards with you.
- You will receive any pre-operative testing that your surgeon feels are needed prior to your surgery (labs, X-rays, etc.).
- You will visit with a Pre-Admission Testing nurse, who will obtain your complete medical history. Please bring along all of your medications to this visit so we can ensure correct drugs and dosages.
- You will participate in a group Total Joint Education class conducted by Baptist Health La Grange physical therapists. They will educate you on your surgical procedure and your follow-up care while you are here at our facility. This will include post-operative exercises. You will be able to see many of the medical devices that will be used for your care during your stay.
- You will have the opportunity to tour the Medical/Surgical Units at our facility where you will stay after surgery.
For more information, call 502-222-3892.
Industrial rehabilitation services
The Rehabilitation Department works with BaptistWorx® Occupational Health & Wellness (affiliated with Baptist Health La Grange) to provide industrial rehabilitation services including:
- Back treatment
- Treatment for hand injuries
- Treatment for repetitive motion injuries
- Treatment for muscular and bone injuries
- Hearing screenings
- General body reconditioning
- Job analysis at the work site
- Educational programs for back safety
- Educational programs for prevention of repetitive motion injuries
Arranging for treatment
Baptist Health La Grange's rehabilitation team works closely with your physician to develop and implement a program tailored to attain your goals. A referral from your primary care physician or specialist is necessary.
Rehabilitation services are provided for hospital patients and community members of all ages.
Baptist Health La Grange accepts a wide variety of health insurance, as well as Medicare and Medicaid. Our staff will assist in determining your payor source(s), and claims will be filed through our billing department.
Appointments are available from 5:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information
For more information about Rehabilitation Services & Sports Medicine at Baptist Health La Grange, please call the department at (502) 222-3303.
Find out more about Orthopedic Services at Baptist Health La Grange.
For more information about rehabilitation and other health topics, visit our Health Encyclopedia.