Having a baby at Baptist Health La Grange
Find answers to your questions from pregnancy to your first days at home with your child.
At Baptist Health, we understand the changing needs of expectant mothers and their newborn babies. That's why our experienced team is here to guide and help you feel better during this exciting time.
We offer a relaxing childbirth experience, with beautiful all-private labor and delivery rooms mixed with a welcoming atmosphere for you and your family. We also offer a Great Beginnings class at 36 weeks or more of your pregnancy where you talk one-on-one with a registered nurse about breastfeeding, care for yourself and your baby and other prenatal topics, plus you can pre-register. Our certified lactation counselors for breastfeeding assistance are available to you as well.
We'll let your loved ones know as soon as your little one arrives by playing a lullaby throughout the hospital.
Baptist Health Louisville offers a newly expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies born prematurely or who need a little help adjusting to their new environment. The nursery is equipped to care for infants who have reached 28 weeks gestation and weigh at least 2.6 pounds. Experienced neonatologists are available 24/7 and the NICU has all-private rooms so parents can care for and bond with their babies.
We are your guide for advice on pregnancy, prenatal and newborn care, and your first days at home.
During Your Pregnancy
- Maternity Classes & Maternity Class Descriptions
- Prepared Childbirth Classes by Virginia Rutherford
- Find a Doctor
- Prenatal & Post Natal Exercise/Wellness Programs
- Prenatal Care and Staying Healthy
- Reproductive Imaging Center & 4-D Ultrasounds
- High Risk Pregnancies & Special Care Pregnancies
- Ask a question
- Virtual tour of Labor and Delivery Room
- Kangaroo Care
- What to bring to the hospital
- What to expect during labor
- What to expect at the hospital
- Visitor Information
Your New Arrival
- Our online nursery
- Breastfeeding help
- Find a doctor for your baby
- Taking care of your new baby
- Tips for new dads
- Tips for new siblings
- Baby supplies you will need
With Baptist Health La Grange’s Baby Steps you can find answers to all your baby-related questions: Find all the information you need or pre-register online for your stay.